IBPS PO Prelims 2017 tomorrow, Important things to know about the examination as released on ibps.in
The IBPS PO Prelims 2017 exam will take place on 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th October 2017 across various centers. This is the most awaited exam for all banking aspirants.Candidates who have applied for the examination are requested to check the important instructions available on the official website. Candidates are advised to note the important dos and don’t for the examination. Instructions regarding the same are published on the official website ibps.in.
The exam seeks to fill in around 3562 vacancies in the post of Probationary Officers at 20 participating banks. IBPS PO Prelims will be conducted 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th October while the IBPS PO Mains exam will be conducted on 26th November 2017. The two objective tests will be followed by an interview. Also this year IBPS has changed the Mains Exam Pattern. So it is expected that the paper will going to be tough.
Important things to know
1. Candidates are required to carry
- Original Print out of their IBPS PO Admit Card
- Original Photo Identity Proof (please note, ration card is not a valid photo id card. Candidates can carry their aadhaar card, pan card, voters id card, drivers license or passport.)
- Photo copy of the Photo id proof (Please write your Roll No. & Registration No. on the photocopy of photo identity proof)
2. Please remember to carry all the above documents. Candidates would not be able to get a photocopy at the examination center. Also, in case the candidates don’t have either of the above documents, they would not be permitted to write the examination.
3. Candidates should remember that they are required to put their left thumb impression on the space provided and sign ONLY IN FRONT OF THE INVIGILATOR AT THE EXAMINATION CENTER. In case you have erroneously done that, you are advised to download your admit card again and take a fresh print out.
4. You would be required to submit your admit card and the photocopy of the photo id proof to the invigilator when asked. Hence, you are advised to staple the two together. Facility to do so may also be available at the examination center.
5. Ensure punctuality. Candidates should make certain to reach on the required reporting time as specified on their admit card. Candidates who reach late would not be permitted to enter the center. No requests for the same would be entertained at the center.
6. Candidates can carry and required to bring stationary such as pencils, eraser and a ball point pen to the examination hall.
7. Candidates are notified that stationary item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, Any communication device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc. are NOT ALLOWED.
8. Candidates are advised against from carrying/wearing goggles, handbags, hair-pin, hair-band, belt, cap, any watch/wrist watch, camera, any metallic item, any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like camera, blue tooth devices etc. All these items are NOT ALLOWED inside the center. Candidates would have to leave them outside. IBPS would not make any arrangements for their safekeeping.
9. Also, personnel would thoroughly check all ornaments like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, brooch etc. Any candidate who is found either copying or receiving or giving assistance will be disqualified from the examination.
10. Candidates are further advised to follow all the instructions carefully. Rough work has to be done on the paper provided. Also, any candidates found not complying with the instructions may be disqualified.
IBPS would conduct the IBPS Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee 2017 Preliminary examination on October 7, 8, 14 and 15. Please note that candidates need to qualify the preliminary examination to be able to write the IBPS PO Mains 2017. Marks obtained in the PO preliminary examination, however, would not be counted while preparing the final merit list for recruitment. A total of 3,567 vacancies would be filled by the IBPS PO/MT VII.